To keep our students safe, we are using the highest-rated air filters on the market and are using enhanced ventilation and cleaning protocols. Mask use is optional for all classes, and our instructors mask when working with youth whose families are continuing to mask. Contact us today to try a class or schedule an orientation!
The Bernales Institute of Martial Arts (BIMA) offers classes for kids and adults that provide practical self-defense skills within an energetic, fun, and supportive community atmosphere. The martial arts taught at BIMA provide a “seatbelt for life,” giving you or your child the knowledge and skills needed for effective self-protection and self-empowerment. We offer Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai / Thai Boxing, Kali/Eskrima, Jeet Kune Do, Silat, Combat Submission Wrestling/Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes. We strive to meet the needs of all students from inexperienced beginners to accomplished athletes.
Founder and Chief Instructor Will Bernales is one of a select group of individuals to hold teaching certifications across a number of traditional and interdisciplinary arts. Currently he maintains certifications in:
- Jeet Kune Do Concepts: Sifu Dan Inosanto
- Kali - FMA (Filipino Martial Arts): Guro Dan Inosanto
- Muay Thai - Thai Boxing: Grand Master Surachai "Chai" Sirisute
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (3rd Degree Black Belt): Master Pedro Sauer (Red/Black Coral Belt)
- Linxx Academy Martial Arts (Black Belt Graduate): Ajarn Frank Cucci
- Combat Submission Wrestling (CSW State Representative): Sensei Erik Paulson
Ajarn Bernales and his hand-picked instructors adapt classes to the individual situation and skill level of each student. Learn more about our Adult and Youth classes or Contact Us for more information!